Initiatives for Construction
Construction Nurse Line
|Construction Nurse Line
|604 279-8155 OR 1 877 633-6233
|Weekdays, 8:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
The Construction Nurse Line is a new provincial free of charge phone service providing construction employers direct access to a WorkSafeBC nurse advisor.
Construction Nurse Advisors:
- Are registered nurses with experience in construction
- Are experts in occupational injury and return-to-work planning
- Provide a clinical perspective that is separate from claims entitlement and prevention issues
- Collaborate with workers, employers, healthcare providers, and physicians to develop and monitor safe and individualized return-to-work plans
Who should call the Construction Nurse Line?
- Site safety officers
- Return-to-work coordinators
- First aid attendants
When should you call the Construction Nurse Line?
- To arrange job site visits to facilitate your return-to-work planning if return-to-work barriers are identified
- For information on limitations and/or assistance in identifying appropriate modified duties
- To assist and support in problem solving return-to-work-issues
- To assist in developing your injury management/disability management programs
- For general claims update
|Keeping injured workers connected to the workplace or getting them back on the job is an important part of their recovery, and early intervention is the key to successful return-to-work planning.
"Call us...when you need us!"
604 279-8155 or 1-877-633-6233
This service is available during business hours Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Fact Sheet (PDF 301 KB)
- Poster (PDF 2.5 MB)
- Pocket Card Actual size is 8½ cm x 5 cm. To obtain free copies call the Construction Nurse Line.
You can return to the Top
of this page