Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best hearing protector?
There is no single hearing protector that is appropriate for everyone. The CSA Standard on Hearing Protectors provides the following criteria to consider when selecting hearing protection:
- Worker's noise exposure level
- Hearing ability of the worker
- Use of other personal protective equipment
- Temperature and climate
- Communication demands on the worker
- Physical constraints of the worker or work activity
For more information:
* Hear for Good - Preventing Noise Exposure at Work PH9
(PDF 280 KB) (Updated: April 2011)
* Hearing Protection Attenuation - Is more really better?
(PDF 550 KB)
* Working With Hearing Loss - Hearing Impairment, Noise, and Job Safety/Performance
(PDF 55 KB)
* Hearing Protection
(PDF 56 KB)
* Hearing Protection - What do I really need to know?
(PDF 78 KB)
You can return to the Top
of this page